Since the Menu Area Menu only displays Member Pages and NOT Site Pages with Member Role Permissions applied to them, this creates a headache for managing Member navigation.
Use case: A member is a client company that needs to see their proprietary data AND global member pages like a Site Forum or a Public Dashboard. We need a Member Menu that can be customized company (Member Role).
Best Suggested Solution:
1) Allow for Member Menu subpages so that the menu doesn't become insanely long.
2) Allow for Member Pages to be assigned to Member Roles. (Am I missing something??)
3) Member Roles are ultimately what determines which Member Menu pages are available.
4) All types of Member Pages (Member Pages & Site Pages w/ Member Permissions) are assignable under the Member Role Access matrix where you select which Member Role can access these types of pages, not just Site Pages w/ Member Permissions.
1) If the first solution cannot be accomplished, then we have to resort to Buttons as a "2nd menu".
2) CREATE A BUTTON ELEMENT THAT ALLOWS FOR DROPDOWN OPTIONS. This way we can create the look of a 2nd menu without needing to have a page with an excessive amount of buttons. It would make things immensely cleaner.
I may be misunderstanding something but I've racked my brain on how to set this up in a manner that is easy for my clients.