I recently have 600 members joined my forum, and have been receiving many complaints about a few aspects in Wix Forum. Here are a few improvement suggestions from these members:
1. Turn off all notifications as default - Members were furious about hundreds of emails bombarding their inboxes for every other member's activities. Some of them are not as tech savvy, hence having trouble customizing the settings. Many of them were having issues turning off the notifications too (especially Apple users).
2. Relevant notifications - Currently the notification takes you the the post in general, not the specific comment. As a result, members have to scroll all the way to the bottom, search from page after page to look for that comment. Not very helpful.
3. Place the comment box at the top - Currently members have to scroll past 20+ comments before reaching the comment box. Plus, the page loads very slow, so the experience is frustrating for most.
4. Arrange comments in reverse chronological order - The oldest comment now is sitting at the top of the main page. To view the latest message, again, members have to scroll allll the way down and click on the last page, and repeat every time a new comment is added.
5. Commenting on comments - I've seen many request on this. Members are pretty upset that they couldn't reply to a comment they're interested in elaborating.
All in all I think Wix Forum has a great layout and its easy to use in the back end, but it'll be great if it's more friendly for the users as well. Thank you for listening.