I’m a premium user of Wix, but then I found Wix forum App's features are still very basic; it seems that the advanced features are developed very slow. For now I'm considering the following features:
1. When a surfer signs up using his/her email box：
(1) display a page of terms and conditions for the surfer to confirm, this would reduce the legal risks that may be burdened by forum owner;
(2) send a confirmation email to the surfer’s registered email box and record the registered IP address, so that the surfer would not abuse the forum by registering several IDs, most importantly, would prevent the surfer from using other person’s email box to register with the forum.
2. Post subject limits. Character number of a thread’s subject is limited only to 60 and can’t be changed by site owner, which leaves the member to post only phrases other than a complete sentence as a thread’s subject; and
3. prevent a member from deleting the threads he/she posted at the forum, instead give the member limited time to delete threads, then authorize the right of deleting posts to the admin and moderators. The reason is: if a member posted lots of threads at the forum, it would be a great loss to the forum if one day the member decides to delete all his posts.
I'm working on a multilingual forum; an annoying problem is that: the language menu can't be loaded at published site from a computer in China (This is not due to GFW problem because all other content of my website can be loaded); even in the computers of other countries, the language menu at times displays words first then flags image.
There are very few options available to configure forum post features; those features I think are very important.